Views
Helpful
Replies

Stop recording after few seconds

kin-wah.tsang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Config: CCM 3.14b, Unity 3.13, TSP 6.01, Exchange 2K server(off box)

I have encountered a problem that many user can only leave voice message for a few seconds (<10s). Unity stop recording and the Unity lady will say "If you want to send message, press 1. Listen .....press 3....etc" even I don't press #.

When pressing 3, I only hear "noise" but the recorded message before.

Any idea? Thanks a lot!

Regards

5 Replies 5

uversave
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

It looks like you are having a one-way voice issue and as it's not detecting any packets so it stops recording. Is this from internal or only for external callers? Also please give us a quick overview of your Lan setup.

Ullie

Hi,

Stop recording is one of all the problems from internal and external call. Say, If I leave 10 messages for someone. Maybe 3 messages have the problem of "stop recording". 3 messages are popping sounds. The rest messages are OK.

CCM, vg200b and Unity are connected to CAT 6000. I found many input errors and runts on the port connected to Unity.

Any idea again? Thanks a lot.

Regards

Hi

You might want to clear the counters on that port and see if they appear again after leaving those messages. If they do it might be a problem with the nic or with the switch port. You might want to try another one. Also what is the config of that port?

Also have you looked into the docs that I posted?

Ullie

Hi,

Yes, I have already read the docs. I tried to ping the Cisco Unity server from a PC and to observe the info on the IP phone when recording a greeting. I can't see anything wrong.

I found a bug case (CSCdx41866) that was like my case. I upgraded the TSP from 6.01 to 7.02. All the things were back to normal up to now. (no stop recording and popping sound)

Thanks for your kindly advice.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: