Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange issue with Hunt Groups and DND

goldbergj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a client issue that I can't seem to figure out.

They have TONS of hunt groups and one that points to their operations department. It hunts as it should except the fact that when a user has their phone on DND (aka CFWDALL to VM) it still audibly rings the phone 2 to 3 times before hunting on.

The extremely picky client wont accept this and wants it changed.

Any ideas why this would happen?

There is no second line configured on the phone by the way...checked that.

Thanks!

JG

8 Replies 8

PATRICK ALAND
Level 1
Level 1

Hunt-groups don't pay attention to the local CFwd settings of the phones in the line group.

Thanks for your reply patrick.

Any idea what a fix maybe?

BTW are you @ the Coleman in Orlando?

Thanks again,

JG

What version of callmanager are you running?

With CCM4.2 you can add the "Hlog" softkey to the phone and use it to log a phone out of the huntgroup (and back in of course).

Its an extra step on top of the CFWDall+VM but it would do what is required.

If you're not on 4.2, you could put a secondary line on the phone, set it to not ring/flash and put that line in the hunt-group instead of the first. Not ideal unfortunately.

Also, yes I work for the Coleman in orlando.

--Patrick

They are on 4.1(3) so that won't work but sounds great for an upgrade opportunity if they feel its that big of a deal.

I'm in Orlando too.

Thanks again Patrick.

Anyone else experience this issue by chance?

Just to clarify as well, its not the fact that people near the phone hear the ring, its that he doesnt want the caller to have to wait for 2 or 3 additional rings before it continues hunting.

Thanks all!

JG

In 4.1 you could use Attendant Console. That allows the hunt group members to log in/out and go online/offline. It also allows queuing.

Don

We did try the AC but the problem there is that if a user is on a call, another call can still be routed to them b/c they have a 2 line phone. Any way around that?

AC - requirements are CW is turned off on all line in AC hunt....change the max calls to 2 and the busy trigger to 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: