mfundaro
Level 1
Level 1

Here's my setup:

CCM 3.1(2c)

MGCP Gateway (NM-HDV with VWIC-1MFT-T1) in a 3640, s/w ver 12.2.2XN

PRI to Nortel Option 81C running Release 25

Protocol on CCM is DMS-100, on 81C is SL-100

For some reason the B-channels on the Nortel side don't like the service messages the CCM tries to send. The CCM sees a B-channel out of service on the Nortel and sends an in-service message. The service message causes a BUG1369 on the Nortel. We've tried several different ways to set up the D-channel and the gateway, no luck. I installed an engineering special ES30a which should fix it but it is still occurring.

Has anyone else seen this and if so what's the fix? Upgrading is not an option at this time. There's a documented bug relating to restart bits and DMS-100 but that fix didn't work either.

Thanks for any assistance...

10 Replies 10

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

I am going to NI2 between my CCM3.3.2 and a 81C to get around the DMS100 issues. NI2 works very well. This does mean moving all PSTN access to the CCM side as the 81C won't allow tandeming PSTN calls, and cannot set NI2 as ties. We could have configured the 5ESS PSTN PRIs as tie trunks on the 81C, but the end goal is to phase out the PBXs anyway.

Good Luck

Unfortunately, this is not an option for me. This is a small-scale pilot project and doesn't have a lot of money in it, and we aren't looking to do away with our PBX anytime soon. So PSTN access will have to remain on the PBX.

We're also using the PRI between the two as a way to get internal calls between the CCM and 81C.

rlbrumm
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked the "Inhibit restart" box on the Gateway config for the VWIC?

Inhibit restarts at PRI initialization

A RESTART message confirms the status of the ports on a PRI span. If RESTARTs are not sent, Cisco CallManager assumes the ports are in service.

When the D-Channel successfully connects with another PRI D-Channel, it sends restarts when this check box is unchecked.

We were getting the same thing when channels would lock out on the PBX.

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

The bug you are running into is CSCdv86713. When you installed the engineering special you need to set in CCM service parameters SetChanNumExtBitToZeroForDMS100MCDNPlatform to 0. In later CCM version you will set this in new gateway parameter

"MCDN Channel Number Extension Bit Set to Zero"

by checking the box.

Did you set the service parameter when you upgraded to the engineering special ?

That option does not appear in my Service Parameters screen. I have also clicked the "Advanced" button at the top so all possible parameters appear. Nor does it appear in my gateway options settings.

I suspect special was not loaded correctly. I checked in lab and special installed show the parameter. I would really suggest you upgrade CM to 3.1.3 or later

Installing the special was pretty much a no-brainer, just download it to the CCM and double-click. I checked the log after it was loaded and it did not show any problems. Is es30a the correct one to add that new parameter? Or is there a newer special I should use?

Unfortunately an upgrade is not a possibility, unless it's free...

it should be there it was integrated in es8 and above

Well, it isn't. Yesterday I removed es30a and reinstalled it, viewed the install log and verified everything was done properly. Is there another engineering special I could try? Or maybe a maintenance upgrade to 3.1.3 or 3.1.4? I really need this fixed, if it keeps generating the BUG messages on the PBX we will simply take the CCM out and that will be all for the project.

cstephens
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrade to a min of 12.2.13 or better.

You will want to perform the following:

LD 96

dis dch X where x - the d-channel number you are working with.

dis serv X where x - the d-channel number you are working with.

ld 17

CHG

ADAN

CHG ADAN X

RLS 42

enl dch X where x - the d-channel number you are working with.

That should correct your problems.

Cory

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: