Replies

Strange messages on Gateways: ICT ver in h323_gw_dialpeer.c 1

sbuvat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Lately we have been receiving the following messages on most of our voice GW:

Sep 26 18:25:41.027 gmt: ICT ver in h323_gw_dialpeer.c 1

The periodicity of the message can vary from 3 per minutes to a lot less.

I run a 3 callmangers cluster. In July I implemented an intercluster trunk (not GK controlled) with another cluster that I do not control.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the intercluster trunk, it's just that I have "ICT" in the message.

Do you know what this could be ?

Thanks for your help

6 Replies 6

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like you might be hitting this:

CSCeh90307 - Unwanted debug msg on console: ICT ver in h323_gw_dialpeer.c 1

Symptoms:

Debug message "ICT ver in h323_gw_dialpeer.c 1" continously

displayed on on the console.

Condition:

Each time a call is made, this debug message is popped on

the console output.

Work around:

Turn off console output (i.e. cli configuration command 'no logging console')

The GW doesn't know about the ICT configured within CCM.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your answer. I turned off logging but the messages still kept on coming up.

We need the logging so this work around could not apply to us.

Thanks anyway.

If there is a way to solve this without having to turn off logging I would be glad to know. But this is not an issue, much more a question.

Thanks again,

Olivier

The first question is do you know if you are experiencing issues when this message appears? The message is a cosmetic issue unless of course you are experiencing call problems.

CSCeh90307 12.4(3) and 12.4(3)T and later versions. You will need to upgrade IOS to resolve this issue. If you need the fix in 12.3 then please open a TAC case to find out if this is possible.

Kevin

No we do not experience any problem so far.

We worried because it suddenly appeared, but we can live with it.

We regulary upgrade our IOS so it can wait until then.

Thank you Kevin

I have started experiencing these messages since upgrading to 12.3(11)T7. I'm also experiencing intermitent dropping of external calls. I'm not sure whether the two are related, it sounds like in your experience it is just cosmetic as suggested ?

I'm having the same symptoms, but in my case I think it is causing issues with Caller ID. I have two sites A and B. Site A is the main location and B is the remote. The CallManager is located at Site A. We are using least cost routing and use Route List to send Caller ID.

I notice that when certain phones (not all) call from site A to a local number that message in bug CSCeh90307 appears on the REMOTE (site B) gateway. The call still goes out site A's gateway as it should, but it has one site B's secondary numbers show up as the caller id. I placed calls from other phones at site A and it performed as expected with the correct caller id and the log message didn't appear at the remote site B.

The phone that I'm calling from that has the issue is a 7971. I called from a 7912 and I didn't have th issue. I have the client testing other phones to see if we can narrow down the problem to certain phones and/or phone types.