Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange MWI behaviour

manuel.rouze
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm facing a problem with MWI (UNITY VM 2.4 / CCM 3.0.8)

When I leave a message to a user, his lamp goes on.

When he's listening to this message, the lamp goes off, but when on-hooking his phone, the lamp goes ON back again.

The message should be in 'read' mode so the lamp should stop, shouldn't it ?

If this user delete the message after reading it, the lamp goes OFF and stays OFF after on-hooking, which is the good behaviour.

Did I do something wrong ?

I would like to have the lamp goes off and stays off after reading my messages.

Thanks in advance

Manuel.

3 Replies 3

SEAN NILSEN
Level 4
Level 4

I have faced this exact problem several times... the first thing to check is to make sure that your MWI codes are correct in the Unity and CCM. If the TSP and the CCM both have the correct codes, then you are most likely looking at a User Training opportunity. Meaning, If the user listens to the whole message then gets intot the options menu, and skips to the next message without choosing the "To save this message press..." option, it will be retained as new, and not send the MWI Off code.

Do you mean that for every message I listen to, I have to answer the question 'keep , save, etc ... ?'

Otherwise, Unity will always considers my messages as new, and keep ly lamp ON ?

Manuel.

Yes, you need to either save or delete the message to have it marked as read.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: