I've got three IP phones and a QSIG trunk up and running with CCM 4.1(3)SR3a. Earlier today, I was able to call any IP phone from my IP phone and I was also able to call TDM phones over the QSIG trunk. Then I went to a meeting for a while...
I come back and now the IP phones can't even call each other. I get a fast busy after the first two digits. Our dial plan is very small--we only have three patterns at the moment!
The IP phones are 1001, 1010, and 1093. I have route patterns for 1XXX, 8XXX, and 9.@ that point to a route list/group that points to the QSIG trunk. All of these devices are in the "Phones" partition and they all use the "Unrestricted" CSS which includes the Phones partition. All IP phones are registered to the same CCM.
I have no explanation. I've reset the phones, route lists, gateways...you name it. This is extremely weird.
What else can I check? Any ideas what might be wrong?
enable debug and see what error you are getting when trying to make a Call:
debug isdn q931
debug voice ccapi inout
Following could also help you determine where the problem lies:
- CCM EventViewer
- Status of your IP-Phone
- Use the Dialed Number Analyzer
- Use Ethereal to sniff your IP-Phone.
the debug output should be very helpful.
Rate all posts if helpful
I should probably try looking at a CCM trace since even the IP phones can no longer call each other. I'll take a look when I get into the office this morning and let you know what I see.
I just did a CCM trace and I'm not any less confused than I was before. I'm calling from IP phone to IP phone, both of which are registered to the same CallManager server. I'm calling ext 1001 from 1093. As soon as I hit the second "1", I get reorder tone. The trace file indicates that there are no remaining possible matches. However, from CallManager administration I can see that the 1001 is registered and I can see it in the route plan report.
This is really bizarre. I hope we figure this out soon. This is the pilot phase of a Cisco IPT implementation and it hasn't been going well so far.
I have checked the CSS. Several times. We have one partition and one CSS, so that makes it pretty easy. The IP phones are in the same partition and they all are using the CSS that includes that partition. I just installed DNA and it indicates that everything should be routing correctly. However, the CCM trace indicates otherwise. It seems like the dial plan is corrupted somehow.
I've found that both of my subscribers seem to be hosed. If I re-register the phones to the publisher, all is well. But if I register the phones to either subscriber, the dial plan is broken, What happens is that I get reorder tone as soon as I get a specific match, yet the CCM trace reports that no match was found. It's very strange. An engineer with our reseller is going to send me dbhelper to see if our databases have gotten out of sync.
I'll be pretty worried if the databases are already out of sync. This pilot system has only been in place for a few days.
This turned out to be a bug. I don't know what triggered it but restarting the CallManager service on the two subscribers solved the problem. I really hope it doesn't happen again, especially once we put this system into production.
Just for your information, Cisco have pulled the service pack CCM 4.1(3)SR3a. You might want to consider upgrading to CCM 4.1(3)SR3b and retesting before deploying in production.
It looked to me like 3b only fixed one bug and it as a Severity 3 bug that wouldn't affect us. TAC wants us to upgrade to something even more recent, like the latest ES code. I was having a hard time understanding this guy but it sounded like SR4 was available from TAC already. Either that or something very close to SR4 was available. His accent was pretty hard to decipher.