cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

stupid question on accessing AA, and using the grantunityaccess command

pdepalma
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Unity 4.0 box in the Domain, no AD integration. When we create subscribers, we used the reg hack to not create NT accounts, as 99% will have accounts already. After creating a subscriber without creating the NT account, a user can't log into Active Assistant without using the grantunityacces command, which links it to a username. OK, thats cool. So what about those uses who don't and will never have an account in the domain, say temp people. I tried adding a local account on the Unity box, but the grantunity access command won't work with local accounts, even if I put the local server name in place of the domain name. Whats the deal here, and am I following sound policy by using this tool for a psuedo single sign on

17 Replies 17

sure, I'll email them to you...

Well..I came in this morning and now I can add them just fine. I did absolutely nothing different.

If you have any idea what was causing this..please let me know.

OK, this is really ODD. I just performed the command via TERMSERVER, and it worked. I did it multiple times, I guess over writing it, and it works all the time. Then, I walked over to the actual server, which I am also logged into with my NT ID, and it didn't work. Must be a windows thing. Can you guys guess what this is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: