Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

subscribe template

I find there is connectivity between subscribe and subscribe template. If I add a new subscribe, I can't define which template this subscribe can use,only COS, this doesn't make sense. Thanks a lot.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: subscribe template

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here... the subscriber template is used to define default values for new users when they are created. You can have as many templates as you want and you select which one to use on the subscriber add dialog (or in the import dialog if you're using the external import utility in the Unity program group). This is used to copy data into the new user and changing the template AFTER you've created a user with it will have no effect.

COS is a little different... it's the collection of access, limits and license features a user is allowed to access. Changes to the COS affect all users associated with that COS.

If you're asking is there a link between subscribers and subscriber templates AFTER you create them, the answer is no. You can use the BulkEdit utility to change properties of users en mass if you need to.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content