cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscribe to services via BAT without users to go to CCMUSER to activate

j.bilodeau
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.3.3. We can subscribe to services via BAT. But users still have to go to ccmuser and subscribe to activate the service on their phone. Is there a way to avoid users to go to ccmuser to activate the services on their phones? Thanks.

6 Replies 6

thack
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you go into BAT - Configure - Phones then goto the top right and you should see a link for Update Phones. Click this and you basically have to build the update here. Depending on how your site is configured you may want to do this by Device Pool or Phone Model. I used Device Pool and implemented a new Service to around 1700 phones in less than 20 minutes. Let me know if you run into any problems I'll try and help.

Oh, and make sure you do this out of hours!

Regards

Hi, we are doing this but the problem is that when we press the service key, we see the fast dial and personnal directory, but when we select one, the message is:

Error:-7ffbc5c2:User (User name) was unable to be validate (14910). So, I have to go to ccmuser and input the user name and pin for each user. Am I doing something wrong in the Ip phone service config or is this normal because every user has a different user id but the same pin. When we use bat, in the file, we specified the user id and pin. Thanks for your help!

no problem at all.

this is a problem i have to say when faced with rolling out Fast Dials/Address Book.

I did get around it by simply not giving all users Fast Dials or Address Book but mailing them letting them know that the Fast Dials and Address Book services are available to them but they must email you with their user ID's and extn numbers. the reason you can give them is to protect security.

Worked well for us. Users who wanted it could have it and those that didn't want it didn't have the Services cluttering up their menu.

Take care

Hi, that's exaclty what we don't want for those services. Anyway, I like you idea to say that it is for security reason. Thanks for your help. If we find something, I'll let you know. Johanne

Folks,

Talking about security, is it possible in CCM 3.3 to force people to change their passwords used to access CCMUSER after a certain number of days? Or can i atleast specify the length of passwords they should use. I saw one templete from an IP Telephony implemenatation that talked about the capabilities of call manager to do that, it also talked about call manager remembering old passwords so that subscribers that not use them again. where do i set all these variables? any 3th party applications that anyone knowes about that would let sysadmins enable better security for IP phone users.

Thanks

You might want to integrate into Active Directory...

user logs on with AD account...