Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Subscriber Call Transfer Settings - call always go to greeting

I am trying to get an incoming call to transfer to an extension instead of the subscribers opening greeting, but the call always goes to the subs greeting.

I have tried to set this up through Unity Admin Subscribers> Call transfer Settings, and then checking the "Transfer Incoming Calls to Subscriber's Phone" box to YES Ring sub at this number or Ring subs extension, and also thru the Active Assistant pages, but same problem, call never even tries to transfer you always get the subs greeting.

I feel like I am missing something obvious here, but the docs make this appear very straight forward. What else do I need to do?

This is a CM3.2 and Unity 3.1.5 VM install, and I can get Unity to call an extension when voice mail is received so I am happy that Unity can make a call to the numbers I am trying.

Many Thanks

Tim

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Subscriber Call Transfer Settings - call always go to greeti

How are you trying to get to the subscriber's extension? Are you dialing the auto attendant (i.e. hearing "Hello, this is company XYZ, if you know the extension you'd like to dial...") and then dialing the subscriber's extension number or are you forwarding into Unity from an extension and expecting it to "redirect" to another extension? If the later, Unity will always over ride the transfer and take you to the greeting to avoid "transfer loops" - if this is what you're trying to do, there are ways to work around it - you can check out the audio text applications document here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Documents.htm

If you're going through the auto attendant and dialing the ID and it's not going through the transfer rules on the subscriber then something else is afoot - we'd want to look at what's happening with some traces and see if for whatever reason the ports assigned to Unity are not being allowed to transfer to that number or the like...

Re: Subscriber Call Transfer Settings - call always go to greeti

Now I understand what is going on here it actually works fine,

Thanks for the help

Tim

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content