Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

subscriber can't listen to voice mails

I have a customer with a unity 3.1.5 & exchange 2000. Have one subscriber who can not listen to his vm's. After logging in, and dialing 1 for new msg's, unity repeats the "dial 1 to hear new msg" prompt.

This is only user its happening to.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks

Rob

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: subscriber can't listen to voice mails

That's kinda odd... are any errors/warnings showing up in the application event log when that happens? Is the user allowed to send new messages OK?

Also, can you see what's in this user's inbox with Outlook? Perhaps there's a mal formed message at the top of the new message stack throwing the conversation of it's tracks...

Jeff:

There is no msg in event viewer. User hears " dial 1 for new messages". Hits 1. Hears " you have 14 new messages, voice messages, message 1. Then hears repeat of "dial 1"

I tried it and hit 2 to save 1st msg. after that I started hearing the next msg fine. Hung up and dialed back in & all seems fine. Something in the 1st msg causing problem ??

Rob

Cisco Employee

yeah, that's what it sounds like to me - if you go to your read messages now, when you hit that guy does it get into a loop?

It'd be nice to see the message in Outlook or the like so we can take a look at it and see what it is (i.e. some mal formed return receipt - I've seen those cause problems like this in the past).

Views
Helpful
Replies