Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Subscriber doesn't sync with Publish

There were 2 servers in my CCM cluster publisher and subscriber1.

Yesterday when i finished the subscriber2's installation in the cluster i found that the device registered on the sub2 can not contact the device registerd on pub or sub1.

i also found the datebase replication in sub2 failed. so i execute DBHelp.exe tool to recover the replication. Then the status return to normal but the problem still remains.

The following is the information you might need:

1. the ccm & os version are the same in the cluster.

2. the ccm version is 4.13(sr3c) ,the os version is 2000.4.3aSR3

Thank you very much!

Tony

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Subscriber doesn't sync with Publish

two things:

1) just to be sure your SQL is replicating properly and has the latest 'snapshot' of the database perform the following:

on the publisher, goto SQL Enterprise Manager.

then drill down to:

consoleRoot>microsoftSQLservers>SQLserverGroup>ccmPublisher>replicationMonitor>publishers>cluster>database

when you highlight the database, the right side window shows you the subscriptions.

at the top should be the 'snapshot' agent. right click on the snapshot agent and choose 'startAgent'.

this should start the agent to create a new snapshot of the database that can then be replicated to the subscriber.

once the snapshot process is completed, right click on the sub1 and choose 'startSynchronizing'.

(repeat this step for sub2 as well)

this should begin the subscriber synchronization in a minute or two and may take a while to complete depending on the size of the database.

after the subscriber is completed syncronizing the DB, you should be able to have phones on the sub2 dial phones on the sub1 and vice versa, as the dialPlan will now be sychronized between the servers in the cluster.

2) if you still cannot dial from one phone on one subscriber to another phone on another subscriber, then use the DialedNumberAnalyzer to help you determine if the CSS & Partitions of the phones are setup to allow them to call each other.

the link to access the DNA will look as follows:

https://yourPublisherIP/dna

(must login to the utility as 'administrator')

if DNA is not installed yet, then install the plugin via: (on the publisher)

ccmAdmin>application>installPlugins>ciscoDialedNumberAnalyzer

(save the install file and then launch the file to complete the installation)

Re: Subscriber doesn't sync with Publish

Greg

Thank you so much for your instruction!

We figured out that everything worked fine until we patch ccm4.13sr3c onto sub2.the cu reinstalled sub2 without sr3c and it's working now.

Thank you again for your excellent instrcution.Much appreciated!

Tony

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content