cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber Extension

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I went to search for a particular subscriber by their extension (whom I know exists in Unity), and it came back with no matching results. I found it extremely odd, since the extension I searched under is one of the main numbers here, which HAS to have a mailbox. I did a search by alias, and the subscriber came up fine.<br><br>Here's the truly odd part: I called the extension, and got the Opening Greeting. I looked in SA and the subscriber has an extension listed. I then pulled up the Global Subscriber Manager, found the correct alias, and lo and behold there is no extension listed for the user! It's like it never was entered, or the extension listed in SA isn't really "there" at all. I went ahead and put the extension in the Alternate Extensions page (the same one listed under the Extension field in the Profile page, incidentally), but I would really like to found out what is going on. This morning our MWI's went haywire and I ended up rebooting Unity, but everything seems to have worked fine since. Any suggestions?<br><br>Unity 3.0(3), dual switch integration CCM 3.1(3a) plus SMDI/PBX, separate Exchange box.<br><br>TMH<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

I'm betting if you just edited the extension on the subscriber's page (don't change it, just add a space and delete it or something so it flips the "dirty" bit for the page) and then save it the extension will show up OK. I've seen a few sites where, for whatever reason, a character gets in front of the extension (I suspect during import or maybe a bulk edit operation or something) and it throws off the searches in the directory for it...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Worked like a charm. Thanks so much!

TMH