Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriber importing successful but cannot add to distribution list

I upgraded the Unity to 4.0(3) from 3.1(5) and have a problem to add a subscriber.

** Unity 4.0(3) and off-box Exchange2000.

If I importing a subscriber, I got a pop-up windows with the message "Subscriber creates, but was not added to distribution list due to error" and event log as follows,

=====

source=CiscoUnity_ASAD

Event ID=1048

The AvDSAD service failed to create object.

reason:ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED:Access is denied

Domain controller:dc3exc01.corp.local

possible cause:1) network connectivity to DC 2) insufficient rights for the AvDSAD service account.

====

what is distribution list and how can resolve the access deny issue ?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES

Re: Subscriber importing successful but cannot add to distributi

This is what worked for me when I had this exact problem. Your mileage may vary.

Go into Active Directory Users and Computers. Check the security on person you are trying to add to Unity.

If the person is not inheriting their security settings from the OU (likely the case) then you need to make a decision. You will need to either turn on inheritance, or manually set all the permissions Unity would need to extend attributes to the user.

Thanks your information.

I'm not familiar to the AD. In the AD users, I cannot find a security setting what you said. can you guide me some detail ?

From the menu in AD Users and Computers choose View, then Advanced Settings.

Next open up the properties on the user. You will see a Security tab. I needed to set the user to inherit the security on their user object from the OU. Once I checked the Inherit box, I was able to add the user without the error message.

Once again, you may have bigger permissions problems than can be dealt with easily, in any event I'd run it by TAC.

You might want to make a pass at using the Permissions Wizard first, before chasing anything else down

http://ciscounitytools.com/App_PW_403.htm

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content