Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Subscriber in limbo

During our adventures with Digital Network, I had a user who was deleted from the original Unity server to prepare to create an account on one of the new servers.

After deleting his Unity account, it could not be added to the new server, or re-added to the old server through web/SA.

I've tried GSM to clear the subscriber properites, and the tool RemoveSubscriberProperties. The user can now be imported through GSM, but not web/SA or BulkImport. When using web/SA I get and Unkown Error, and when using BulkImport, Insufficient_LDAP_Rights. When imported through GSM, the user can be looked up in web/SA, but not managed. Any attempt to load that users profile causes web/SA to load the first subscriber on the server.

This user is in the same OU as all of our accounts, and I have verified that 'virgin' accounts can be added to either server. So something is not quite right with this users A/D account. It also happens that this is one account I cannot easily delete and recreate, so I need to get the account back to a state where it can be added.

Is it possible to manually clear the subscriber properties?

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Subscriber in limbo

using the Remove Subscriber Properties (and GSM) both do the same thing - they remove the ciscoECSBULocationObjectID and ciscoECSBUObjectType properties in the directory account - this is what the SA (and import tools) use to determine if they are OK to add as a subscriber.

If there's something wrong with this account in particular the Directory Access Diagnostics tool (DAD) on www.CiscoUnityTools.com may shed some light on what's going on with that guy - it's worth looking at anyway. You select that particular user and run the import test and see if it comes up with anything in particular.

The read test passes. The create test fails, which may not be a problem for us, as we do not intend to create users through web/sa. I do not see a tab or button for an import test.

Cisco Employee

The "User AccessTest" is the one for importing - this is more than just read access - if it passed then the directory facing account has the rights to udpate/read everything on that user we need to - which actually isn't much of a suprise since other users in that container can be imported OK.

There must be something on that particular user causing problems (things like removal of Rich Text Edit flags for instance cause issues).

The only tools that will try to import the user is GSM. It claims success, but the sybscriber is not quite complete. The account can be accessed over the phone, but cannot have its profile loaded with web/SA. Looking at the Subscriber table, GSM failed to populate a number of fields, with the critical one appearing to be DirectoryID.

Is DirectoryID generated by Unity, or is it pulled from A/D?

Cisco Employee

The directoryID is pulled from AD into Unity. Sounds like something is failing further up stream. At this point we'd probably need to turn on some traces and see what's failing along the way and work from there - I'll see about getting some DOH/SA folks on this thread.

I managed to get it working. I pieced the subscriber entry together enough that it could be managed in web/sa. At which point I was able to delete the subscriber, then re-add them and it worked.

Thanks for the pointers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content