Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Subscriber missing primary CH

Unity 3.15, Exchange off box(E2K-sp3)

This mbx is a new import but, the AD account got deleted and recreated in between. So it's not associated with the proper AD object. I want to delete it from Unity and start all over but, can't.

I ran db walker and got the following:

Alias=vmsjoccccemplyemerge

Display Name=vmSjoCcCc EmplyEmergency

Jump to this subscriber in the SA using this link: Open SA to this subscriber

(error) Subscriber has no primary call handler associated with it

Without a call handler a subscriber is basically useless. This is a serious error and you should contact TAC about this.

(error) COS reference is NULL. You can fix this by selecting a valid COS object on the profile page for this subscriber in the SA.

(error) Location reference is NULL. This is a serous error, you should contact TAC.

Subscriber has no voice name recorded

Location object display name=Angels Camp

(error) Subscribers language set to 'inherited' which is not legal for the subscriber language

This can be fixed by selecting an installed language for the 'Subscribers language' on the 'conversations' page of the subscriber in the SA

(warning) the Switch ID for this subscriber is set to NULL. This means it will default to switch 0. You can fix this by selecting a valid switch on the profile page for this subscriber in the SA.

Subscriber has no private lists

Suggestions?

Sabas Chois

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Subscriber missing primary CH

Well, that error message is pretty straight forward - you have a rights issue on that particular user or on all users in that container or something - Unity attempted to clear the two properties in AD that we use to determine that the user is a subscriber already and the directory refused to allow us to do that sending us an error message indicating the account does not have rights to update those properties.

Importing users is going to need to update those same properties so if you can import users in the same container that user is in then it's probably an issue on that particular user's object. Beyond pointing you at that I'm not sure what else to suggest - Unity is not doing anything funky here, we're politely asking AD to clear those properties and it's saying "talk to the hand".

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Looks like this is a subscriber that didn't finish the add process or something - although that doesn't fit your description exactly.

Either way, you can delete this guy from the Subscriber table in UnityDB and triggers will clean out the rest of the items associated with this user (delivery devices, MWI devices etc...). You can do this in Enterprise manager if you have it installed or you can do it through CUDLE's query builter page using a query like "DELETE FROM Subscriber WHERE Alias='myalias'".

You can get CUDLE from www.CiscoUnityTools.com if you need it.

Deleted the row, reran dbwalker to verify. When I tried importing the subscriber again. It failed to complete the import I got the following error:

"An unrecognized error has occurred. The new subscriber was not successfully added."

After I aknowledge the error dialog box, it goes back to the "Add Subscriber" window as if I just selected the mailbox. However, the subscriber is partially imported because when I try again, I get "The alias specified matches an existing Exchange alias"

Sabas

The event logs show the following:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvDirSynch_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1086

Date: 4/28/2003

Time: 8:35:39 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Failed modifying the following properties on directory object CN=vmSjoCcCc EmplyEmergency,OU=Special Mailboxes,OU=xxxx,DC=xxxxy,DC=xxxxx,DC=com:

ciscoEcsbuListInUMDirectory

ciscoEcsbuUMLocationObjectId

Reason: LDAP_INSUFFICIENT_RIGHTS.

I able to import standard mailboxes. This one is a generic, multi user mbx.

Sabas

Cisco Employee

Well, that error message is pretty straight forward - you have a rights issue on that particular user or on all users in that container or something - Unity attempted to clear the two properties in AD that we use to determine that the user is a subscriber already and the directory refused to allow us to do that sending us an error message indicating the account does not have rights to update those properties.

Importing users is going to need to update those same properties so if you can import users in the same container that user is in then it's probably an issue on that particular user's object. Beyond pointing you at that I'm not sure what else to suggest - Unity is not doing anything funky here, we're politely asking AD to clear those properties and it's saying "talk to the hand".

I moved the account from the OU I created it originally to the OU where all the user's account are at and it imported fine.

I created the generic account in an OU that we used with the 5.5 world which did not have all the permissions Unity needed.

Thanks.

Sabas

Views
Helpful
Replies