cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscriber page Owner

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

What is the functionality of the owner on an object. By default is Example Administrator. What are the effects if I change the owner to somebody else<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Currently it has no other effect other than identifying that person as the owner of the handler/object in question on reports and the like. You can change it to another subscriber/public DL if you want.

this property is going to be used to determine who can fiddle with this handler/object over the phone at some point (i.e. allowing someone to call in and rerecord the opening greeting over the phone instead of having to call in via the SA). I believe this is planned for 3.1 but I'm not sure what the final feature cut will be.

Note, however, that you ALWAYS want to have both a valid owner and a valid message recipient for all handlers in the system. When we load the handler we go fetch both the owner and the recipient objects and if one or both of them are invalid (i.e. you toasted Mr. Example Administrator from the system) you will get sent to the fail safe conversation and we'll hang up on you. Not cool.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)