Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Subscriber Sign In Issue

This is a peculiar requirement.

Users call in to unity 3.0 from outside and reach the opening greeting, where they are prompted to press 1,2 or 3 to reach voice mail box VM1, VM2, VM3's respectively. I have set the caller input to go the the greeting of VM1, VM2 and VM3 respectively.

Now the requirement is that the subscriber to whom the voicemail 1 belongs is also connecting externally and after pressing 1 he is reaching his greeting. Now he wants to press a button and get the option of entering password to log on. ( same is the requirement for all subscribers )

I know that presseing * will ask him to enter his ID and then password, but he wants unity to ask just the password and log him into the VM1 mailbox, (he dosent want to enter his id) where he can check his mails. They have been using another voicemail system which allowed them to work this way.

Please let me know if its possible to configure Unity to fulfil this requirement.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY

Re: Subscriber Sign In Issue

You can define the phone number that the subscriber calls in from (external number) as an Alternate Extension. Up to ten alternate extensions can be defined per sucrsciber. Unity will match the ANI of the caller to the alternate extension and only prompt for the password as if the subscriber was calling from his own IP Phone.

Views
Helpful
Replies