cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscribers Phone Password Will Not Reset

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.0(2) For some reason I can not reset Subscribers Passwords. I try it and it will take the change and will show todays date but when I try to use the new password, I cannot login. When I go back and look at the Phone Password page the Date of Last change has gone back to an old date. It is acting like a database is corupt.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known bug in that version: CSCdu71673. It has been resolved in 3.1(2).

Any idea what would have triggered this, because it has been working great since about Febuary/March. So I just need to upgrade?

I have looked up CSCdu71673:

Symptom:

A subscriber calls voicemail via the telephone and is informed that their

password has expired, and to specify a new password. This happens each time

they call into voicemail, even if their password was recently changed.

Conditions:

After a period of time, subscriber phone passwords expire. At this time, the

subscriber with an expired password will be prompted to enter a new one upon

signing in to voicemail over the telephone. After entering their new

password, they are allowed to listen to messages, etc.

However, the next time they call into voicemail, they will be prompted again

to change their password.

Workaround:

If the subscriber has access to the Active Assistant, have them change their

password there. If not, the administrator can reset the subscriber's password

in the System Administrator and set the password to "Never expire."

But this is not what is happening to me, my subscribers are not being required/asked to change their passwords. When a subscriber calles in their password works fine. I had a user who could not remember their password (they had not used their Voice Mail for several months) so I went in as Administrator to reset the password, and it will not take, I can make other changes to the subscriber like asign caller input etc... I will still follow your advice and Upgrade Unity, I downloaded the CD's last night.

Also I just tried to force a user to change Password at next login, when user pressed the Messages button and entered password unity replied that the password had expired and you must reset your password. I entered a new password, and then entered it again. Sorry this system is temporarily unavailable, please try again. Goodbye.