Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Subscribing a group to a GDM

The documentation in the Cisco book (CME on CUE) on how to set up a GDM seems to stop halfway through each chapter. I am led to understand that I need to set up a group with members who are all allowed access to this mailbox. I set up the group, create a mailbox which is then listed as a GDM in the Voice Mail > Mailboxes area. However when I go back to Configure > Groups and view the Group Profile and click on the Mailbox tab, it lists the mailbox detail and then:

General Delivery Mailbox(es)

This group is not subscribed to any General Delivery mailboxes.

END QUOTE

How do I subscribe the group to this mailbox other than creating the mailbox when I create the group?

4 REPLIES

Re: Subscribing a group to a GDM

Did you create the mailbox when you created the group ? All you need to do to create a GDM and assign users to it is to click on the group (once you create with the mailbox) and subscribe as member and add the desired number of users.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

I have done that. But I still have this situation.

Is there something on the CLI I am missing? I have read a lot about "voicemail pilots", but none of what I read explains that at all.

Is this directly related to set up a hunt group to go to a voicemail? When I call a hunt group and no-one answers it says that extension is unavailable and puts me in the final destination voicemail. But is the recording "extension [hunt group pilot #] is unavailable" customisable?

BTW the "notify me by e-mail" on this board doesn't work.

Still struggling to find a solution to this apparently simple task of pumping a hunt group into a voicemail box. Can no-one offer a solution?

Solution was found to the problem without solving this question. Would still be interested in an answer.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content