cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

subscribing to IP Phone services by default

mbell
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to subscribe IP phones to IP phone services by default? For example, if I have Extension Mobility and want to subscribe every phone to the Login and Logout services, is there a way to do this easily before or after the phone is created or do I have to go to each and every phone manually and subscribe them to the services?

5 Replies 5

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

I think you can do this with BAT, on the phone update page.

HTH,

Vance

Can you elaborate on that? What is BAT?

j.house
Level 4
Level 4

I too am looking for a way to do a "bulk subscription" to all phones. It gets quite tiring subscribing 500 phones to the personal fastdials services. As far as I can tell the only thing that the BAT utility allows you to change is the URL for the services button itself.

notcreative
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same question. I could subscribe the service but could not use a unique login. So if is a generic service that everybody uses you can do it through BAT (Bulk Administration Tool accessed via the Application menu on the admin page). But, if it requires a different login per user (like personal address book) then you are out of luck. You can bulk subscribe everyone but have to do a manual change of the login or have them do it through the http://cmserver/ccmuser page. good luck

What version of CM and BAT are you using. I'm using CM 3.14b SP C and BAT 4.2.1 and there doesn't seem to be an option to globally subscribe services. Is this option only available in later versions ?