Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

subscribing to IP Phone services by default

Is there any way to subscribe IP phones to IP phone services by default? For example, if I have Extension Mobility and want to subscribe every phone to the Login and Logout services, is there a way to do this easily before or after the phone is created or do I have to go to each and every phone manually and subscribe them to the services?

5 REPLIES

Re: subscribing to IP Phone services by default

I think you can do this with BAT, on the phone update page.

HTH,

Vance

Can you elaborate on that? What is BAT?

I too am looking for a way to do a "bulk subscription" to all phones. It gets quite tiring subscribing 500 phones to the personal fastdials services. As far as I can tell the only thing that the BAT utility allows you to change is the URL for the services button itself.

We had the same question. I could subscribe the service but could not use a unique login. So if is a generic service that everybody uses you can do it through BAT (Bulk Administration Tool accessed via the Application menu on the admin page). But, if it requires a different login per user (like personal address book) then you are out of luck. You can bulk subscribe everyone but have to do a manual change of the login or have them do it through the http://cmserver/ccmuser page. good luck

What version of CM and BAT are you using. I'm using CM 3.14b SP C and BAT 4.2.1 and there doesn't seem to be an option to globally subscribe services. Is this option only available in later versions ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content