Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Substitute stutter tone for message light for MWI

Is there a way to substitute a stutter tone for the message light as the MWI in Unity 3.1(5)? When a person picks up the phone they would hear the tone, indicating that messages are waiting.

3 REPLIES

Re: Substitute stutter tone for message light for MWI

Hello -

Unity provides the MWI instruction to the PBX or device like an IOS gateway for activating the light or stutter tone. It is the device managing the calling features that is responsible for this, combined with the available phone features. Here is a link to the Unity integration guides. I would check for this feature on your PBX here first. I know there are devices like the VG248 analog gateway, which can configure stutter, MWI light, combination on a port-by-port basis depending on the physical phone attached. For example, some analog phones do not have lights for MWI. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guides_list.html

Sincerely,

Ginger

Community Member

This Unity installation is integrated with CallManager 3.2(2)c and not with a traditional PBX. I know we can set Unity to dial the phone for MWI, but I am not sure if there is a way to produce a stutter tone under this integration. Any ideas?

Cisco Employee

Hi

There is currently no way that I know off that we can provide stutter tone but what can be done is eg message notification which will call eg your ip phone to say that you have a message.

Kind Regards

Ullie

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content