cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

supervise transfer

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

When a call comes in to the main call handler, if a caller choses a one touch option, I have the call input on that key sending the caller to the transfer portion of another call handler. During the day I have it releasing to the switch and it rings until picked up. At night however I want it to ring about 3 times and then take a message. So I set up the call handler "tranfer options", to at night supervise the call for 3 rings. And it is working. However the problem I have is the caller hears no ringing at night, during the day it works fine. Is there a work around for this? Would this play MOH if the system was capable?(I am running call manager 3.0.10)<br><br>Thanks<br><br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Anytime you do a supervised transfer, the caller isn't going to hear ring-back. It's not a defect, it just the way it works. The work around would be do to what it's doing during the day time: release transfer (probably not what you want).

You are correct, if the system is set for MOH, the caller should hear that during supervised transfers.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems