Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SUPERVISED CALL TRANSFER IN CALLMANAGER

Hello,

We have some customers asking for a supervised Call Transfer service in Cisco CallManager. I mean:

* An incoming call arrives to the operator

* The operator transfer the call to a employee (blind transfer)

* If the employee answers... OK. BUT, if the employee does not answer, the operator wants to recover the call.

It seems that the only way to get this is with "Forward No Answer" in employee lines... but we need that this forwarding only works with calls transferred FROM the operator.

Have anybody had this same trouble? And has anybody any solution?

6 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: SUPERVISED CALL TRANSFER IN CALLMANAGER

Alicia

Is the operator using the attendant console or just a Cisco phone? If they are using the attendant console I would recommend not using the blind transfer, once you press the blind transfer the call is disconnected from the attendant console. Instead press the consult transfer button, dial the number, if no answer hang up that call and press the main line to resume the original call. If they are using a regular Cisco set, after pressing the transfer key and dialing the number, if the far end does not answer, hang up and press resume. Hope that provides some help.

Larry

I have a problem with this procedure with the attendant console, if there is another ringing call while i try to consult transfer i get the error in the logs: Line not available. atleast one termconn is 'Ringing'.

I have version 4.1.3(SR2) and i have tried with attendant console 1.4(1), 1.4(1 ES5) and 1.4(1 ES9)

Raulhersan

I'm having the same issue , it seems to occur randomly say 1 in 5 , the Consultative Transfer refuses to connect to the IP Phone I wish to transfer it to.... Blind Transfer is no problem, but I need the CT to work.

Did you manage to get this issue resolved ?

If so please would you share you knowledge

Many Thanks

Garry

Callmanager 4.1(3) doesn't have Camp on or other similar features natively, you may want to look at the Arc console or 3rd party solutions.

Hello:

I Opened a TAC Case, and the Cisco Engineer told me that this feature is not available in the Cisco Callmanager Attendant Console, when there is a call ringing the Attendant Console is not capable of Consult transfer a previous call.

A posible workaround is:

-configure several extensions in the operator phone.

-Set the busy trigger to 1.

-Forward every line to the next one when busy.

-now every line can manage only one call so never will be the line off hook when ringing another incoming call and you need to consult transfer the previous call.

kind regards.

Hello, i have also opened a SR for this.

I have the same problem. I will post a message if i have any workaround others than configuring the phone itself.

Regards.

Julien

Views
Helpful
Replies