cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervised Transfer not working.

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

CCM 3.1.3<br>TSP 3.1.2<br>Unity 3.1.2<br><br>Supervised transfer does not seem to be working properly. The want to be able to allow calls into a subscribers mailbox from there they want the caller to be able to press "0" to transfer to a receptionist, if the receptionist does not answer the phone they want the call to come back to the main phone where the users was calling. <br><br>I know that this has worked in the past. I am testing with two phones, both set to supervised transfer I have caller input on phone A to "attempt transfer" to phone B, but I can not get Unity to pull the call back to phone A's voice mail. <br><br>I have went through and checked the Time on RNA is set above what I have the Supervised transfer setting at (I used the default of 2).<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

"I have caller input on phone A to "attempt transfer" to phone B, but I can not get Unity to pull the call back to phone A's voice mail."

Where is it going instead?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Sorry....

When the caller calls phone A and attempts transfer to Phone B. The call should come back to B If RNA. The call instead goes to Phone B's Voice mail.

If you are getting back to Phone B's greeting, supervised transfer is actually working. The reason why it is going to Phone B's greeting is because the caller input option has transitioned the caller from Phone A's call handler to Phone B's call handler. Once in Phone B's call handler, the supervised transfer is processed (since the caller input option in Phone A's call handler probably was "attempt transfer" for Phone B). If this previously got the caller back to Phone A's greeting after the supervised transfer from Phone B's call handler pulled the call back to voice mail, that sounded like a defect.

You could try this, but it's going to require the creation of a another, unique call handler per subscriber with the supervised 0-out caller input option:

In the case of Phone A, create another call handler (say call handler A.1) that has a blank greeting and action after greeting that takes a message for Phone A. From Phone A's caller input options, select attempt transfer to call handler A.1. When the supervise transfer for call handler A.1 is pulled back to voice mail, it should go take a message for Phone A. Not entirely pretty, but it should work.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems