cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervised Transfer Problem

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm having a problem getting supervised transfers from Call Handlers or Directory Handlers to subscribers to ring more than 3 times before going to voicemail. I've set the subscriber to Supervise Transfer and Rings to Wait for at 6. Is there something else that must be done? CCM 3.0(11) and Unity 2.4.6.135<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Is the phone system set to forward on a Ring No Answer condition? If you use release transfer does the call still return to Unity?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Not applicable

Yes the line is set to forward to a VM port in No Answer. Yes the call will go back to Unity on a Release to Switch. If I remove the forward no answer on the CallManager will I lose the ability to go to Unity for a call that doesn't come from the Unity Call Handler or Directory Handler?

Not applicable

"If I remove the forward no answer on the CallManager will I lose the ability to go to Unity for a call that doesn't come from the Unity Call Handler or Directory Handler?"

Yes. What you need to do is set the RingNoAnswer timer on CallManager higher than what Unity has for supervised transfers.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

"Yes. What you need to do is set the RingNoAnswer timer on CallManager higher than what Unity has for supervised transfers."

Are you referring to the ForwardNoAnswerTimeout setting within the CallManager Service Parameters screen? If so, that looks like a global setting. Is there a way to set a different amount of rings per phone/line before the call gets forwarded to Unity? Obviously if all calls orginate from a Unity Handler we can customize the ring setting per extension.

Not applicable

Yeah, it's system wide.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: