cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supervisory Disconnect

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

I've been having issues with my CME and supervisory disconnect for a while now. When I use the defaults on the voice-port calls will disconnect upon dial. When I use the command 'supervisory disconnect dualtone pre-connect' the the results are the same. However, when I use the command 'supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call' the calls disconnect during the middle of a conversation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ohamien

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

To resolve the issue, add this configuration:

voice-card 1

no local-bypass

!

This command changes the default behaviour of the voice card and keeps the DSP across the audio stream for the duration of the call, even if the call is later connected directly to another voice port on the same network module. Therefore, the Supervisory Disconnect Tone feature is active as expected.

In order to speed up the disconnection if the Supervisory Disconnect Tone feature is used, issue these commands to the voice port configuration:

timeouts call-disconnect 5

timeouts wait-release 5

These settings shorten the time the router waits before it determines that the call needs to be dropped due to disconnect tones played by the network. The normal Cisco IOS? defaults are 30 and 60 seconds respectively, so these reduce the drop time to 5 seconds:

For further information on Supervisory Disconnect Tone problems, refer to these documents

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: