Views
Helpful
Replies

Supplementary services on analogue phones without a call agent

marcusdewaal
Level 1
Level 1

A quicq question:

Is it possible to have supplementary services such as hook-flash call forward on analogue phones connected to FXS ports without using a call agent such as CallManagwer or CME. Basically I set up a dial-peer to the FXS port and can make calls, but cannot transfer calls. Do I need a call agent?

Regards,

Marcus

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do that with TCL/IVR scripts. The transfer one is provided already in the CME area.

Hi Forum,

has anyone a more detailed answer for this topic?

My installation is a VG224 (with FXS ports), connected via SIP Trunk to a CUCM.

These fxs ports need to be forwarded to a e.g. voicemail system.

How can this be achieved? is there a tcl script for that? as I don't use a CallAgent like CME or CUCM.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Torsten.

Configure the FXS ports in SCCP mode instead of SIP trunk.

You will be able to configure the port as an ip phone and all features will become available.

As far as I know there's no possiblilty to use the vg224 in sccp without a CUCM or CME????

And the requirement was having this feature without a call control.

Cheers

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

As of now there is not a Cisco provided script that will do call forwarding after a certain amount of rings or timeout. There is one for transfers, however.

You would need to use SCCP/MGCP with CUCM or 3rd party MGCP 1.0 to accomplish this.

FWIW, the IAD platforms also support SIP-based hookflash transfers, but this requires support from another call agent.

You either need a custom TCL script or a compatible call agent.

-nick

Hi Nick thanks for your response, it seen that there no other way, except with a tcl script. Maybe I get it to work :-)

Thanks

Torsten

You said you have CUCM:

My installation is a VG224 (with FXS ports), connected via SIP Trunk to a CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: