cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for "System Transfer" in 3.X is it there?

amastroi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently in Unity 2.X you can only dial Ids that correspond to objects entered into the directory (i.e. dial call handlers, subscribers, interviewers etc…). There is no “free dial” allowed. Primarily this is done to prevent folks from ripping off long distance and/or the customer’s 800 line and the like. I was told that In upcoming releases of 3.x there will be a new feature called ‘System Transfer’ that admins can setup if they like that will allow callers to enter a conversation which lets them dial any number (extension or external number) they want as long as it passes a restriction table setup by the administrator. I don’t have a release date for this but it is speced and as is being worked on.<br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

the system transfer thing keeps getting kicked around. I believe it's on the "Stretch goal" list for 3.2, but I'm not entirely sure. It'd be nice to just get this knocked out since it comes up fairly frequently.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

You can do this with AutoAttendant for CallManager.

I also helped a customer setup a Call Handler that did a transfer to a router with both FXO and FXS ports. The FXO port had an extension and would go off hook giving the caller dial tone from the FXS port. The extension number given to the Call Handler acted as a PIN of sorts.

I think this is a bad idea and can really open you up for toll fraud so I would never do this myself but it can be done.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com