Views
Helpful
Replies

Support Patch vs. engineering special

fmarotta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do support patches contain all fixes in previous engineering specials?

Example: I have ES 63 for CM 3.2(2c) and it fixes bug CSCdz87527. Then SP H was released but I do not see this bug as being fixed.

So I guess my question is even though I have the latest SP on CM do I still have to install the old ES?

Do SP equate to a specific ES #?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Frank

4 Replies 4

jbond_c24
Level 1
Level 1

The bugs fixed in an ES are, as far as I know, always rolled into a Service Pack. It may not be in the fix listed in the service pack if it was marked Confidential. Perhaps due to a security hole that Cisco didn't want to broadcast and have exploited.

Oh and BTW be careful going to SPH, the phone load for the 7960 and 7940 phones is a nightmare. You will probably want to move back down to an older phone load.

You can tell what ES's are built into an SP by looking at the readme for the SP. Specifically spH says this at the bottom of the readme:

Base Code = 3.2(2c)es39 plus additional changes

spH is a special case as it replaced spG to due a couple of major issues in spG.

The readme for spH can be found here:

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/voice/callmgr/3.2/ciscocm.3-2-2c-spH-Readme.html

So am I better off loading ES 63 instead of SPH?

It looks as though CSCdz87527 is serious issue. If this is causing your CallManagers to crash then you may want to use es63. Using spH will not provide the fix for CSCdz87527.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: