cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supported Platforms for Unity

emlee
Level 1
Level 1

I was unaware, until reading a post on this forum, that there was a "supported platform" for running Unity. When did this change? We've been using Unity back when Active Voice had no such requirements... what is the offical position on this?<br><br>I'm sure there are hundreds of installs out there on HP servers, Compaq Proliants, etc.<br><br><br><br>

8 Replies 8

Not applicable

Many of the systems that were sold under Active Voice have been 'grandfathered in'. However, all Unity 3.1 and higher systems will need to be on approved hardware.

The HCL is here: http://wwwin.cisco.com/cmc/cc/pd/unco/un/prodlit/ucutp_st.htm

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

So it will only be supported on a few select Dell servers or the Cisco MCS servers? This kinda sucks. It's been running fine for over a year on my HP 1U box.

I really must migrate to a new box to be eligable for full support? I guess if that's the case, I'll have to wait till the disaster recovery tool comes out.

Correction to what Scott said...

All 3.0 and higher servers must be on a supported platform.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

emlee
Level 1
Level 1

According to the Cisco docs... the MCS servers only support IP integrations. Why? Don't the Dialogic boards fit into a DL-320 or DL-380 chassis?

If I'm going to eventually integrate Unity with a Meridian 1, then I have to get a Dell box?

If so, that kinda stinks. It's bad enough I have to go away from my company's standard HP servers for Call Manager (but I can deal with that). Adding another MCS server isn't too bad... but having to introduce a DELL server would really stink.

I appreciate your comments.

From what I understand there are IRQ issues with the Compaq servers and the Dialogic cards that forced them to not be supported.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

I'm a bit confused... do I buy my own Dell 2500 server or do I have to buy it through Cisco? Is there a price benefit either way? Or is licensing different for a customer provided install?

We give you the option. If you want to buy if from Dell you may. If you want to buy it from Cisco then that's okay too. I don't know how pricing works since I’m not in sales. You should talk to you normal sales channel about that.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FYI There will be Compaq servers approved for use with Dialogic boards in the future. I believe there are a couple slated for the 3.2 release (not committed). Previous hardware conflicts seem to be less prevalent with the latest Dialogic boards.
-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: