cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Suppress or black out call number display on 7960 phones

bradlesl
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to suppress or black out the phone number being dialed on the 7960 IP phones?

5 Replies 5

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

you can not do that but if you are looking to hide a pin code that is dialed after a access number is dialed then the pin should not display after callmanager knows how to route the call and it is connected as far as the system is concerend. so once a call is connected any addition numbers dialed for accounts or pins will not display

hope this helps

scott

Thanks for the reply! It is actually the secret access code that we are trying to hide. Even if a PIN is entered, the user would see the access code on the display. The user could then bypass the entire authorization process and enter the access code directly to make unauthorized calls ... or am I making a logical error somewhere.

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve,

I have an open TAC case about this 'security' problem. Please open one also and ask to attach your case to BugID CSCdz02697 and CSCdt48779.

Thanks,

Matthijs

Definately, I have opened a TAC case on this. If you get any information at all concerning this, e-mail me at adignan@berbee.com. The problem we are having is that the "Placed Calls" shows the access pin that users need to dial to get out.

Thanks

Did anyone find any resolution to this? I am interested in the same thing and have yet to find a solution. If there is one could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: