Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Suspect "RouteListExhausted" RTMT Alert

I am getting alerts generated for a gateway that is unlikely to be encountering "all channels busy" situation (which I believe is the only cause for this alert). Now I accept that there are obviously high utilization periods, that calls can use multiple channels if they are re-direct to an extenal source etc. etc. But are there any other circumstances that could generate this alert (insufficient DSP's to address channels etc.) or anyway I can get an further details on this error ? I am looking at the RTMT console, and can only see RouteList name and no further info (CM 4.02 + RTMT 4.0).

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Suspect "RouteListExhausted" RTMT Alert

I was little suspecious about this myself on my last implementaion with CCM 4.1(3), I found out that the service provider allowed only for 6 outbound calls on the PRI per some old agreement with the cusomer that no one remembered. Check with the SP to make sure this is not the case.

Also, I would recommand turning on a PerMon trace for few days and monitor conurrent calls on the PRIs.

Chris

Is this the error that you are getting:

Number of RouteListExhausted events exceed 0 within 60 minutes

If no, please post the exact error.

If yes, then the RouteListExhausted messages indicate that CallManager was unable to send a call to those Route Groups in a Route List. This is usually as a result of no B channels or ports being available on a gateway for routing a call.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_error_message09186a0080208afa.html

Note that only one gateway should usually be configured per Route Group.

If you have a Route List with an H.323 gateway as the first Route Group, and a second

Route Group that should take any overflow, then sometimes the first H.323 gateway will

send a User Busy back to the CallManager if all of it's channels/ports are busy. If this

occurs, then the call is not forwarded to the second Route Group in the Route List. If

this is how your own Route List is configured, then it is advisable to set both "Stop

Routing on User Busy Flag" and "Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag" CallManager

service parameters to False (in CCMAdmin -> Service -> Service Parameters ->

select a server -> Cisco CallManager). This will mean that the CallManager will try

other gateways to re-route the call on a User Busy prior to reaching the

RouteListExhausted state.

There have been instances where the first H.323 gateway will return Unallocated Number to

the CallManager when the Controller has been shut down.

Alternatively, the site could simply be running out of channels or ports to access the

PSTN. If you have no H.323 gateways, then it is a pretty good indication of having run out

of B channels or ports for some reason.

If you never ever see high utilization, then you might want to look at any possible call

forwarding loops (i.e. someone forwards their work phone to their cell phone, and they

have their cell phone forwarded back to their work phone). This can cause all the B

channels to be very briefly utilized in the past (this naturally results in the

RouteListExhausted event and a fast busy for the caller being forwarded around in

circles).

Please look at the app log and see if there is any mention of route lists being exhausted.

In addition , you do not have to worry about these errors unless you are receiving reports that outbound calls are not completing.

Routelistexhausted means that a call was made and callmanager has gone through all devices

in the route list and cannot route the call. You will get this if someone dials a wrong

number... so most likely you are getting this error not really meaning it indicated a call

not completed.

what you can do is to change the threshold to

stop receiving the messages:

Log in to RTMT and click on the Alert Menu> Set alert properties>select the alerts

you are getting and uncheck the Enable Alert box or selecting the alert type, for

example, RouteListExhausted and clcik next, then you will be able to configure

a Threshold to trigger the alert only when the number of RouteListExhausted

events exceed a certain number within an hour.

Hi,

Is there a way to know which RouteList is concerned ? Because I have an H323 gateway and several PRIs, so I would like to be able to know which one is concerned. I'm pretty sure it's the H323, but it would be very useful to know if I'm running out of B channels also.

Thank you.

Silver

RTMT->Performance Monitoring->YOUR CCM->Cisco H323->Call Active, set the Alert so if its beyond your Channels capacity you ll get an Email Alert.

(you can also use Microsoft Performance monitor)

Karzazi

Please rate if helpful

Views
Helpful
Replies