Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping between Unity servers

I would like to be able to test a new Unity 3.1(2c) VM server by temporarily configuring CM (3.1) to use the new VM server instead of the existing 2.46(135) server. I've tried this by uninstalling the TSP on the existing VM server and then installing the correct TSP on the new VM server. The test says OK, but I get fast busy when calling VM. Additionally, the VM extensions don't appear in Performance Monitor under Cisco Lines. Instead, there is just -REM-1001, the last of the VM ports (phone extensions do appear). Am I missing something? Is there another way to accomplish this?<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Swapping between Unity servers

What version TSP are you using and which codec is the test phone using?

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Re: Swapping between Unity servers

I solved the problem by upgrading the production Unity Server's TSP to ver 6.01. The test server was already at that revision TSP so I can only assume that there is some incompatibility issue that arises when trying to swap between two Unity servers with different versions of TSP. Despite uninstalling the TSP before swapping Unity servers there must have been some remnants that were confusing the newer TSP. I'm short on an explanation behind it, but I'm happy that the problem is solved.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content