Views
Helpful
Replies

switch version from 5.1(1b) to 5.1(3c) failed

9898nishit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a publisher and a subscriber running version 5.1(1b).

First I had upgraded publisher version 5.1(1b) to 5.1(3c) with patch cisco-ipt-k9-patch5.1.3.4000-4.tar.gz.sgn publisher successfully booted with 5.1(3c) version. After that I started up-gradation of subscriber with same patch, but after reset subscriber booted with old version that is 5.1(1b).

In inactive partition of subscriber I can see new version 5.1(3c) and in active partition I can see 5.1(1b).

I had tried to boot sub with new version that is 5.1(3c) through cli (utils) command also but it's booting with old version that is 5.1(1b).

Can any one help me how to resolve this problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Nishit

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok, if i'm getting this right you did the procedure wrong

if you installed patch on PUB, RESTARTED with new version BEFORE YOU INSTALLED ON SUB that is wrong

you need to go back to the original version, install patch on BOTH SERVERS WITHOUT REBOOTING and then reboot PUB in order to switch versions, wait a couple of minutes while everything initializes and then reboot SUB to switch versions

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

\Hi,

By mistake i wrote that i had restart the pub first then i started up-gradation on sub and switch version.

I did up-gradation on pub and sub simultaneously and first reboot pub after that i had reboot sub.

Pl let me know what could be the problem.

Regards,

Nish\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\<\\

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: