Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Switching Unity Dongle

I recently installed Unity at a customer site. To get them up and going in the time required we borrowed parts from our IP telephony system, running on an ICS7750 chassis. They are running the same thing. We now have the Unity software and dongle for the customer. However, we installed the customer system using our dongle. I would like to be able to swap the dongles, so that the customer has theirs, since they have more users and ports licensed. Can I do this without reintalling Unity?

Cisco Employee

Re: Switching Unity Dongle

Switching dongles itself isn't a big deal, Unity doesn't keep track of the serial number of the dongle attached or anything of the kind so it's not going to blow up if you stick another one on there. So long as you are licensed for as many users/features/seats as the dongle you installed with you should be fine. However if the number of ports changes you need to be sure to reconfigure the TSP setup to handle that if you haven't done so already.

Another thing that bits folks here is having a differen TTS engine licensed on one key vs. the other - you can do a key dump to be sure everything matches.

CreatePlease to create content