cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sync Outlook Contacts , Outlook in Corporate mode....

stephen.griffin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

ive seen thay with "My Personal Address Book" that can be setup , it will only then sync ( the Cisco IP phone address book sync) with Outlook Express or Outlook in Internet Mode only.

Anyone know how it can work with Outlook Contacts instead?

The only way i can see around is lots of importing and exporting from Outlook to Outlook Express , then syncing... :-(

thanks!

4 Replies 4

mcperdue
Level 1
Level 1

The Signature Group,Inc has developed an applications that integrates into exchange and active directory to provide real time access from the xml interface to all public folders and outlook personal contacts. The application runs as a service on the Cisco phone. The system is currently in beta and available for a 30 day evaluation.

You can find out more about The Signature Group at www.tsginc.biz or Contact John Dispennette at 704-641-4293 or johnd@tsginc.biz.

We have exactly the same problem. The personal diectory Sync tool only seems to synchronise with outlook express *.wab file. We use Outlook and not Outlook express - did you get an solutions.

Regards and Thanks Mark

Hello,

is there an application or ASP Script available now ? We tried the the LDAP Search from the integrated services development kit, but via LDAP i was not able to access exchange 2003 public folders, cause they seem to be not replicated in the active directory. Does anyone knows a workaroud or a tool for it ?

Thanks and best regards

Florian

There's a registry hack you can put on the client PC so that searches of the Windows-builtin Address Book actually reference your Contacts folder in Exchange. The Cisco-supplied PAB syncer only supports looking at the Address Book, but once you put in that registry hack, the PAB syncer will see your Contacts when it goes looking at the Address Book.

To give credit where credit is due, this was discovered by another NetPro user so I'll refer you to his post for the instructions:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dd62af0/1#selected_message

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: