Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Synchronisation tool for filling Alerting Name & Display ID from external source

Hi,

We're running a CUCM 8.6 cluster that is synched to Active Directory. At this moment, we have about 3000 IP phones, none of which have been deployed with filling the Display ID and Alerting Name properties. We've not done this, because of the volatility of phone-user relations (people move between departments, leave the company, etc) and the limited resources we have to administer these changes manually.

But of course, people keep asking us (IT department) why they can't see the name of people calling them...

Does anyone know of a tool that can perform this administration (semi)automatically? I've been searching the web for this, but have not seen any product that even comes close ;-(.

Currently, I'm thinking I should roll my own. I have some experience with AXL and have basic functionality already to be able to change Alerting Name and Display ID fields of phones. But I don't look forward to flesh this out to a real application (having limited time to support and update the application).

I hope I'm posting this in the right section. Please bear with me if I don't ;-).

Best regards,

Donald.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content