cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

system greeting is picking up instead of user grt.

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

It is running (reaally old) Unity 2.2. Using (reaally old) Call Manager 2.4. Please don't advise me to upgrade - we are doing that in 2 or 3 months. I had to reinstall the CCM and Unity server from scratch, which is when this problem happened.<br><br>The problem:<br>The system greeting picks up when calls roll to voice mail. The user greeting should pick up. <br><br>What I have done:<br>For the user I set their greeting to "use recorded greeting".<br><br>Other things:<br>Users can record their name and greeting by dialing into Unity from their extension. <br><br>Any ideas?<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

2.2? Hey, you should upgrade! I'm kidding. Well... unfortunately we did stop supporting 2.2 well over a year ago for a reason (it had lots of fun problems) and there's maybe 2 folks out here moderating these forums that even remember working on 2.2 systems, so this could get interesting for you.

I'm assuming this worked before... is this doing this for all users or just a subset of folks? You switched from singlular user to plural users in your post so I'm not sure.

If it's just one guy can you try enabling their alternate greeting rule and recording a custom greeting in it and seeing if that gets triggered?

If it's multiple users, can you create a new user and test that out compared with an existing nonworking user?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

This problems happens for all users. I have added a new user but that new user had the same problem.

I will try using the alternate recording.

Could the problem lay in the installation of the Cisco TAPI or the Wave Driver on the CCM? There were several configuration options when I installed those components.

Not applicable

I would think you'd be having many more problems than just not playing the user's greetings properly. I assume you can leave/get messages and all the prompts are coming through ok. You mentioned you could record/playback the greetings over the phone so I'd be pretty suprised if the WAV driver had anything to do with this particular problem.

One other thing to check... make sure the RES share under the Exchange directory on your hard drive hasn't been removed or renamed. This is where we store all the greetings (as opposed to voice name which are in the directory and prompts which are elsewhere). If the share has been monkied with that would explain the problems you're having...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)