Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.
p21

System Prompts

I am using 4.0.3 with exch 2000 and I have it set up when I dial 0 while in a voicemail it will transfer to the operator but the system prompt says "please wait while I transfer your call" is it possible to get rid of this system prompt. There are other prompts I would like to delete also

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: System Prompts

Messing with the prompts directly is a rather bad idea and just deleting prompt files will break your system (i.e. if Unity goes to fetch a prompt WAV file it expects as part of a phrase and it's not there it'll dump you out ot the "failsafe conversation" and bail).

The "please wait while I transfer your call" is one that folks commonly want to suppress - this is not TAC supported but you can replace a couple WAV files with empty (blank) files to achieve that. Check out this thread for more details:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee8253b/1#selected_message

In general, though, just going in and customizing your conversation is not supported ans is not a good idea.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content