Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

System Prompts

Is there anyway of re-recording system prompts so I can intgrate the same voice into the directory listing e.t.c rather than having the default 'Unity Voice'.<br><br>If its just a case of replacing the WAV files within the unity directory with my own versions is there some documentation of which WAV file does what ??<br><br>Thanks..<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: System Prompts

Hi Lee.

No, there’s no easy way to replace system prompts in Unity as you can in Repartee. There’s no equivalent to the “Prompt Editor Screen” in the Unity SA. You could go looking for the WAV files with the prompt(s) you want to replace but in general this is not a good idea. A couple folks out there have managed to screw their systems up doing this.

Further, upgrades will replace the modified WAV files as a matter of course which will be aggravating at best.

This comes up from time to time. I think a proper prompt customization tool would be a great feature. As with all such thing I recommend you send a feature request to "Features@ActiveVoice.com" so this can get on the feature development list.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies