cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System volume when too loud

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Please let me know how to change the system volume again. This isn't a record or TTS issue. It's the conversation volume itself. How do we raise or lower this volume?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

In the registry Under:

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MIU\1.0\Initalization\Service Provider X\

(where X is either 0 or 1 in the case you have a dual switch configuration)

You’ll see a key there called “Median Volume” which will typically default to 50 (decimal). If you bump this value up or down the overall system volume (everything, prompts, greetings, the whole shot) will go up. It’s not quite linear (i.e. 100 is not twice as loud as 50) so you’ll have to fiddle with it. The value can be between 0 and 100 and is adjustable per provider. If you have a dual switch configuration you’ll have to adjust each separately until you have both at the level you want.

You may see the default here around 70 if it’s a T1 card you’re working with since for some reason they tend to be quieter than regular analog Dialogic equipment.

I believe you need to reboot the server to reload the Dialogic drivers before the new value will take effect.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: