Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

T.37 Onramp on FXS, directly attached Fax

Hi,

I'm getting mad cause I don't find a valid configuration for T.37 onramp faxing with directly to the routers fxs-port attached Fax-machines.

I tried on cisco1760 and cisco2610XM with IOS-versions 12.3(8)T9,12.3(8)T11 and 12.3(14)T5. Onramp script is app_faxmail_onramp.2.0.1.3.tcl from the cisco Web-Site.

Onramp and offramp through PSTN (via BRI) works fine, so I can receive faxes from the PSTN in my email and also I can send emails which are send as faxes out the pstn!

But my directly attached faxes I cannot get run. Faxes from the pstn are configured with direct-inward-dial and so everything is fine. From fxs-attached fax-machine dialed digits have first to be collected but there is no dialtone and even if the fax ignores it there is no digit-collection.

For testing purposes I configured plar on the voice-port and it worked!

So the problenm ist the dialing!!!

Please no stupid links from documentations which I've allready read all!!

I now searched through the web for a working configuration example but there is none!!!

In the following you find an excerpt of my last configuration on 12.3(14)T5.

Thanks in advance

Horst

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: T.37 Onramp on FXS, directly attached Fax

Cisco fax gateways support only the TIFF format described in RFC 2301, File Format for Internet Fax, and RFC 2302, Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)Image/TIFF MIME Sub-Type Registration with Profile S. The TIFF header offset must be less than 1 KB and the header must be at the top of the TIFF page.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800b5dcf.html

On-ramp gateway configuration for store-and-forward fax consists of the following tasks:

Enabling T.37 Store-and-Forward Fax on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring Dial Peers on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring MTA Parameters on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring DSNs on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring Security and Accounting on the On-Ramp Gateway

Configuring T.37 IVR Application Security and Accounting

Views
Helpful
Replies