Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

T-CCS on 1760-V

I've recently purchased two 1760-Vs to connect Mitel SX-2000 Light PBXs that are currently connected by a point-to-point T1 (DPNSS). As far as I can tell the feature that I need to connect these is Transparent Common Channel Signaling. However, it seems that T-CCS isn't available on the 1760-V. Is this the case? If not, how do I enable T-CCS? Anyone know if T-CCS will be added to the 1760 in a future IOS release? Should I try and trade in these routers for 1751-Vs?

Thanks!

--Tim Howell

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: T-CCS on 1760-V

I see all the commands are there in 12.3(4)XG. You can try this and see if it works. Should be the standard config for it:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a00800e9761.html

I'm assuming you're attempting to keep the Mitel specific features working - thus your need for T-CCS.

In my experience, the 1760 might not have enough CPU to handle a full T. I've done this on 2621XM's, and a full T pins the CPU at about 25%. If the commands are there, you are free to try, but I wouldn't set hopes high.

You may have better luck trying QSIG or plain old PRI if some features aren't needed.

Cisco Employee

Hey Phil

Not sure about this. I don't think the CPU usage would be that much since we are just opening a clear channel to the Other end and the DSP is effectively doing most of the work. 25% isn't that bad especially if that's all the box is doing. It's when you get up around 80% that you really have to start watching things.

Views
Helpful
Replies