Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

T1 cas E&M outgoing CLID digits on H.323 gateway?

I have a 2611XM set up as an H.323 gateway with CCM 3.3(3). There are 7 E&M channels on the T1 CAS that are two way and DID.

I would like the organization's main phone number to appear as the CLID on all 7 outgoing E&M channels on the CAS, and am unable to do so. The digits that show up are the phone numbers individually assigned by the telco.

I have tried using the station-id command, but that does not work.

Here is part of the setup:

controller T1 1/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

channel-group 5 timeslots 9-16 speed 64

channel-group 6 timeslots 17-24 speed 64

ds0-group 1 timeslots 2-8 type e&m-wink-start

ds0-group 2 timeslots 1 type fxo-loop-start

voice-port 1/0:1

echo-cancel coverage 32

station-id name "Organization"

station-id number 1234567890

Should I be setting this up as an MGCP gateway instead, or is there another command that works?

2 REPLIES
Gold

Re: T1 cas E&M outgoing CLID digits on H.323 gateway?

The signaling type you're using doesn't support supplying caller-ID info back and forth. I believe you need e&m-fgd for inbound or fgd-eana for outbound to do that. Changing to MGCP won't fix this; it's signaling on the channelized T1 that's at fault, not on the IP network.

The least painful way to cope with this, rather than have the telco try to reprovision your T1 with different signaling, is to contact the telco and ask them to adjust the caller-ID on all your outgoing calls, which they can do quickly and easily.

Re: T1 cas E&M outgoing CLID digits on H.323 gateway?

Thanks - I will recommend the customer upgrade to a PRI

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content