cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 CAS

annayuzhao
Level 1
Level 1

I'll connect a T1 of a Cisco router 3725 to a Motorola FRAD T1, which use another interface connects to remote Motorola FRAD through the FR. T1 CAS will be running between 3725 and FRAD. Do I need special configuration, like which one is network interface,which one is user interface. I recall when connectes PRI to a PBX, it requires this. Anybody has experience on this or any document can help me out? Thanks

11 Replies 11

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

I have this sample config from two Cisco routers connected back-to-back. User and Network side config is only in PRI, you donot need that in CAS.

---------------Customer Side--------------------

controller T1 1/1

framing esf

clock source line

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-4 type e&m-eana

description To PSTN Switch

----------------PSTN Side---------------------

controller T1 1/1

framing esf

clock source internal

linecode b8zs

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-4 type e&m-fgd

description To Voice Gateway

Thanks,

Partha

Partha

A little confusion here,

1.in analog E&M, there will be dedicated line for E&M signaling, but in T1 case, 2 pairs are already for audio Tx/Rx. Are there dedicated line for T1 CAS. I think no, it uses in-band signal as ABCD bit. Right? So meaning it uses the same line as E&M

2. Do you need configure wire type 2/4 on the voice port same for analog E&M

Thanks

Hi Partha,

I'm trying to setup a back-to-back e&m-fgd connection using your sample config, but i can't get it to work. I'm using AS5300(e&m-fgd side) and C2691(fgd-eana side) and call is sent from c2691 to as5300.

My call flow is as follow:

IPPhone1--CallManager1--c2691(h323)--T1--as5300(h323)--CallManager2--IPPhone2

When i run the debug on e&m-fgd side, the ani and dnis information are not received hence the call is never forwarded to voip side. is there any additional configuration to support this?

Will my call flow work for FGD? i tried using FGB before and it works fine, but i wanted to send ANI information.

Thanks,

Sumarto

Sumarto

What does eana mean? Can u post you configuraion here?I am also interested on this.

Thanks

Based on what i've read, FGD EANA (Exchange Access North American) is a CAS signalling that is able to send ANI information outbound as well as collecting it inbound, while FGD supports collection of ANI inbound only.

My config is exactly the same as the previous post by partha.

Hope this helps.

Try adding direct-inward-dial command under the pots dial-peer which matches all incoming calls on the 2691.

dial-peer voice 1111 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:0

I tried that too, but it still didn't work.

Hey Partha,

I've got this to work with h323 - but no luck with mgcp - any thoughts?

Thanks.

Charles

I tried the same configs with h323 and also mgcp, it worked. I used a 2621 router for customer location, and a 7200VXR for the PSTN simulation.

I will try to find and post my working config, and see if that helps you.

thanks partha,

do you remember how you configured the ports in cm (for eama and fgd)?

direction - inbound/outbound/both

ani or dnis

thanks.

Unfortulately my results were like you. MGCP T1 CAS doesn't work. I do not get the caller/called digits into my gateway(2620-eana) from the PSTN end(7200-fgd).

H323 T1 CAS works fine, MGCP/H323 T1 PRi works fine, but no go with MGCP T1 CAS on a back-to-back router.

Let me know if you find anything on why MGCP doesn't work, or how to get it to work.

Thanks,

Partha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: