Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1 gateway

okay. i know you have to havea gateway at each branch for VoIP to work.. so you can packetize your voice stream.. but my question is.. do i have to buy ip phones?.. we dont want to. we have norstar 7310's.. and we're looking to get rid of our ics 0x32 system and maybe some cisco gateways.; any info?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: T1 gateway

you don't need to buy IP phones if you want to do toll bypass. Your topology may look something like this:

7310----PBX-----(T1)-----Cisco GWY------------WAN-----------Cisco GWY-------(T1)-------PBX-----7310

Why do you say you must have a gateway at each branch office for VoIP to work? So long as packet latency stays under 150ms and bandwidth can be assured - you could just put a bunch of 7960s in a branch office and have them controlled off of a Call Manager at say a home office. Of course then all your local calling would go out of the gateway at the home office. But in some cases - say small office just a few miles away from the HQ, or a home office for a telecommuter - that would be fine. Or am I missing something.

Cisco Employee

The previous response was taking into consideration the fact that adam did NOT want to use IP phones.

Yeah - I see that later in his question he says he doesn't want to purchase IP phonse. I was just commenting that his opening assertions were not necessarily true.

Views
Helpful
Replies
作成コンテンツを作成するには してください