Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

T1/PRI configuration problem on CME

I am trying to install T1/PRI in CME. I have ISR 2801 with IOS version 12.4 (3)and VWIC-IMFT-T1. When I am trying to configure primary-group timeslots 1-24 I get error " Insufficient resources to create pri-group, it has been removed". Also after setting up Controller T1 0/0/0, I don't see any serial interface. Could any body help me on that figure out what I am missing.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: T1/PRI configuration problem on CME

What DSP do you have in your router ? Its possible that you dont have sufficient DSP resources. You wont see the serial interface until you configure pri-group command..(which you are not able to do due to lack of DSP resources)

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate post!

Sankar,

Thanks for your reply. You are right, It was DSP resource issue. Now I have the dialtone but when I tried to dial outside number it dosn't go through. I did setup dial-peer voice and destination pattern on voice port. Any idea why it not going outside?

Thanks

Mohammed,

Is it possible that you were not creating the PRI Group under the Controller T1? Normally it's very simple, and the addition of the PRI Group causes the serial interface to be created.

Simple config would look like this....

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

pri-group timeslots 1-24

interface Serial0/0/0:23

no ip address

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

Mike