Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

T1/PRI interface to host PBX

I have Comdial key systems at all offices (three remote, one central site). The Comdial system connects to each router with a PRI/T1 interface. The question is this: Is there a way to have only one PRI/T1 interface at the central site and configure each remote site to use, say, five channels of that central site PRI interface to the Comdial? The alternative here is to install a separate PRI / T1 card at the central site for each remote site. For three remote sites, that would mean a total of six modules (three remote, three central). Not only does this cost a lot, it also makes for a huge central site router. I've heard of "multi-d channel" -- is that a possible option? I have to use clear-channel codecs for signalling between the central and remote site Comdial systems.

Any input would be appreciated !!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: T1/PRI interface to host PBX

If this was CAS instead of PRI, you could do what you are talking about. But since a PRI needs an exclusive signaling channel, you would need several d channels in the PRI, this is not supported. I thnk the feature that you are thinking of is NFAS, where you cna control more that one PRI with a single d channel and can have a backup d channel configured.

Views
Helpful
Replies